5 Tips to Becoming a More Fuel-Efficient Driver
If you often fill up the tank of your new or used vehicle around Cicero, you’ve probably realized how quickly gas can add up. However, there’s no need to feel like you’re emptying your wallet each time you fill up your tank. By following these eco-friendly driving tips, you can help increase your fuel efficiency and lower the cost of daily driving!
How to Get the Best Fuel Efficiency
- Accelerate Slowly: While you should already avoid speeding, it’s important to know that quickly stomping the gas sends a burst of fuel into your vehicle’s system – a lot of which is wasted. When you control your acceleration and give your engine some TLC, you’ll also use less fuel. However, you don’t want to accelerate too slowly, because this could burn more fuel as well. Experiment to see what is best for your make and model.
- Pay Attention: When you aren’t a distracted driver and plan out maneuvers ahead of time, you can easily avoid accelerating too quickly or making rapid stops.
- Plan Errands: Run a lot of errands in the Chittenango area? Plan ahead of time to decrease any backtracking/multiple stops that could eat up extra gas.
- Lay Off the Brakes: Whenever possible, try coasting to a stop instead of hitting the brakes quickly at the last second. This will help avoid wear and tear on your braking system as well as save additional fuel.
- Obey the Speed Limit: This is always a good idea for safety, but most vehicles deliver better fuel efficiency below 50 mph as well.
Other Tips to Help You Save
In addition to tips related to driving, these other suggestions can contribute to savings and greater fuel economy:
- Use the AC: At highway speeds, use your air conditioner in order to reduce drag and potentially improve fuel economy.
- Watch Tire Pressure: Good tire pressure not only helps reduce vehicle wear and tear, but also helps improve your fuel economy.
- Limit Ethanol: High levels of ethanol gas harms fuel efficiency rates because more ethanol is required to produce the same amount of energy as gasoline.
Make Your Cicero Drive More Efficient
By regularly applying these simple tips to your Chittenango commute, you can lower your gas bill and help out the environment a the same time! Whether you’re driving a new or used model, these suggestions will help you reduce wear on your vehicle. If you have any further questions, feel free to contact Sun Chevrolet for more information!
More from Sun Chevrolet
Service Center The easiest way to tell if you need new brakes is by looking for the warning signs, such as looking at the brake pads for wear or listening to your brakes for squeaking. Not only do brakes generally wear down over time, but vehicle leaks can also play a role in your brake…
If you often fill up the tank of your new or used vehicle around Cicero, you’ve probably realized how quickly gas can add up. However, there’s no need to feel like you’re emptying your wallet each time you fill up your tank. By following these eco-friendly driving tips, you can help increase your fuel efficiency…
Apply for Financing If you’re looking for a new or used car in Cicero, you’ll probably be taking advantage of auto financing. However, you’ll want to do your research before you sign any papers so you can be sure that you’re getting the best monthly payments and interest rates. Find out whether financing through a…