How to Prepare Your Pickup Truck for Off Roading
If you’re thinking about taking an off-road adventure near Chittenango or Cortland, there are a few things you need to do to get your truck ready. Here are a few things to keep in mind to make sure your off-roading explorations don’t leave you stuck in the mud:
- Check your clearance. A low-riding vehicle can get hung up on rocks, boulders, and brush and sustain serious damage on rough roads, so make sure you’ve got enough clearance.
- Get protection. If you plan on doing extreme off-roading, especially on rocky terrain, it’s a good idea to add skid plates to the underside of the vehicle to protect the transfer case and fuel tank.
- Get the right tires. Street tires are great for commuting but not for loose soil, gravel, sand, and mud. Larger off-road tires are designed to handle these conditions and can keep you from getting stuck.
- Consider four-wheel-drive. While two-wheel drive vehicles can manage in certain off-road conditions, four-wheel-drive and all-wheel-drive vehicles will provide much better traction if you want to tackle more rugged terrain.
- Reduce your tire pressure. When you’re driving off-road, slightly deflating the tires will improve grip by allowing more rubber to connect with the road.
- Stock up. Make sure that you have the essential equipment just in case something breaks while you’re on your adventure. Extra gallons of fuel, extra water, an air compressor, and basic tools can make a big difference.
- Know your vehicle. Understand what your vehicle is capable of and try a few easy test-runs before tackling any trails. Make adjustments as needed.
Find the Right Off-Roading Truck at Sun Chevrolet
Get ready for your next off-roading adventure with a popular off-road capable truck from Sun Chevrolet. Contact us or visit us in Sun Chevrolet to test drive this pickup and learn about the financing options available to you.
More from Sun Chevrolet
Service Center The easiest way to tell if you need new brakes is by looking for the warning signs, such as looking at the brake pads for wear or listening to your brakes for squeaking. Not only do brakes generally wear down over time, but vehicle leaks can also play a role in your brake…
If you often fill up the tank of your new or used vehicle around Cicero, you’ve probably realized how quickly gas can add up. However, there’s no need to feel like you’re emptying your wallet each time you fill up your tank. By following these eco-friendly driving tips, you can help increase your fuel efficiency…
Apply for Financing If you’re looking for a new or used car in Cicero, you’ll probably be taking advantage of auto financing. However, you’ll want to do your research before you sign any papers so you can be sure that you’re getting the best monthly payments and interest rates. Find out whether financing through a…